Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a contract with a company and i believe they breached…

Customer Question
I have a contract...

I have a contract with a company and i believe they breached the contact can you help me see if i should fight my problem

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have asked for all paperwork and invoices and receipts from the whole event and have saved emails and text messages of contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid the bill after my event and was told 2 days later that they had forgotten things that needed to be paid and that i needed to pay them after i was already gone and my event was over

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
if i pay a bill to a company for an event i was using their space for can they make me pay for charges that they forgot to put on my bill after i had already paid and left the premesis when they told me the bill was ready to be paid?
7/11/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 10 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your contractual law question. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request posted earlier.

If you have a dispute with this contract and are refusing payment or demanding payment , this can be settled in the small claims court for amounts up to $5,000 Or otherwise in the general civil court.

I see you added more comments; if you made a payment under the understanding that the payment was in full of an underlying obligation and debt then the company could not later come after you for more payments.

If the payment was never expressed as in full then this would be a small claims matter in relation to these additional charges.

If you need further information please follow up with me.

In return by taking by the time to rate positively today I get a credit for my time in assisting you.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill