Consumer Protection Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified consumer protection lawyer who will answer your question

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

More related answers
All consumer protection lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a Candian client via Amazon that filed an A-to-Z
Debra, Lawyer
I have a Candian client via Amazon that filed an A-to-Z claim and got the product AND her money back, after item was delivered. UPS screwed around for a week and finally delivered, and I gave her cred… read more
There is a debt collector who is trying to file a claim against
Ely, Counselor at Law
There is a debt collector who is trying to file a claim against me, the have placed a portion of savings account on hold. The complaint dates back to 2003, I have heard nothing of this claim they stat… read more
I made a payment on behalf of my daughter who was behind on
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I made a payment on behalf of my daughter who was behind on her bill and the company accepted the payment and gave me a receipt for the payment. Later that day a person from the busines called my daug… read more
I recently sold my car to a certified dealer and have a copy
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hi there,I recently sold my car to a certified dealer and have a copy of the bill of sale and check that they gave me to encash. I had only recently moved to texas and did not know that I needed to fi… read more
A judgment for an old credit card bill was filed against me
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
A judgment for an old credit card bill was filed against me for about $4500 in 2006. I paid about $3000 of it over 3 years but then lost my job. I stopped paying the $100 monthly bill then. I never he… read more
i had a judgement filed against me for a credit card bill that
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
i had a judgement filed against me for a credit card bill that was closed over 4 years ago. they blocked my bank account with a court summons (in nevada) .I cant feed my kids or do anything.how can i … read more
I recently filed a small claims action against Public Storage
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney at Law
I recently filed a small claims action against Public Storage for failing to notify us that they were selling items in our unit. PS claimed they sent us a certified mail piece which we did not pick up… read more
If I file a small claims action against a car dealer who violated
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
If I file a small claims action against a car dealer who violated two WA state RCW's by selling me a car with brakes that failed as I left the dealership. When I take them to small claims court can I … read more
I am filing a small claims against a company that I paid to
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I am filing a small claims against a company that I paid to help file a claim for me. It turned out to be a fraudulent claim. I found the LLC the company is operating under. It is a husband and wife. … read more
I sold item on ebay, after months buyer filed a not as described
Ely, Counselor at Law
I sold item on ebay, after months buyer filed a not as described claim and won. Even though ebay never even contacted me for an explanation , they said their investigation was done correctly. Anyways … read more
A contractor gave me an estimate of $7500 to paint my house.
INFOLAWYER, Partner
A contractor gave me an estimate of $7500 to paint my house. After he was done he presented me with a bill for almost $3000 more than the estimate. What are my obligations in paying this bill?… read more
On March 21st a small claims suit was filed against me and
socrateaser, consumer protection lawyer
On March 21st a small claims suit was filed against me and I received it the following day. I agree to the claim of purchasing four rims with tires (in the amount of $900.00). I gave the plaintiff a c… read more
I (stupidly) signed up for Swipebids.com thinking I was only
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I (stupidly) signed up for Swipebids.com thinking I was only bidding on an item. I found out 5 minutes later that I signed up for a membership @ $150 per year. I tried to cancel immediately but was in… read more
The website that you gave me for small claims court in PA is
P. Simmons, Lawyer
The website that you gave me for small claims court in PA is only for Philadelphia. That does not help me. Where do I file small claims against Citibank????… read more
If filing suit against a state government, what is the
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, consumer protection lawyer
If filing suit against a state government, what is the appropriate venue? It seems difficult for me to think that filing in District or Circuit Court would be appropriate because then the State would … read more
I have a claim of $3795 against of solar panel co. who gave
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
I have a claim of $3795 against of solar panel co. who gave me an estimate of approx. $8000 to install solar panels to heat our pool in the winter months. I made it very clear to the representative, w… read more
Plaintiff gave me defective bill of particulars. Sueing on
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
Plaintiff gave me defective bill of particulars. Sueing on written agreement, attached two signed contracts with account numbers that do not match itemization of account. Looks fishy, as those aren't … read more
I need the results of a civil suit filed against me after a
Law Educator, Esq., consumer protection lawyer
I need the results of a civil suit filed against me after a bankruptcy. The suit number is XXXXX It was Irwin Bank against Susan and Daniel Wisniewski. I thought this was discharged on my bankruptcy b… read more