Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I’m assuming my furniture company is taking me to court. Due…

Customer Question
Hello. I’m assuming my...

Hello. I’m assuming my furniture company is taking me to court. Due to me just now finding a job I didn’t have the money then to make the payments. Will i have to pay the whole thing when we go to court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I just got the card yesterday and I called today to see what would be the next steps but no one returned my csll

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your consumer contracts and debt collection question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this matter.

If you haven't received a civil summons the opportunity exits still to pay the debt or negotiate a settlement of the debt with the furniture company.

They aren't obliged to settle your bill for less than the amount due but may be willing to compromise.

You could also continue your payments until notified otherwise by the company.

Because you are in default they would have the discretion to sue you in civil court and then sue you also for court costs and attorney's fees so negotiate a payment may best serve your interests.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return by leaving positive feedback today I get a credit for my time and assistance to you.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

This is attorney Bill following up on your question. Are you now aware of your legal options ?

Just a reminder I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time today.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill