Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I pursue a Class Action lawsuit?

Customer Question
How do I pursue a Class Action lawsuit?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/30/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
A class action lawsuit requires a group of plaintiffs to have a common injury against a common defendant. The idea is that the group is so large that to pursue individual cases would be overly burdensome on the legal system.
Each lawsuit has the named plaintiff and they receive more compensation than the general group.One first needs to locate a class action attorney. This can be done through the county bar association. Then if the attorney is interested they will typically advertise to determine if there are sufficient prospective plaintiffs to result in certification so the class action may proceed.
Please see:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://apps.americanbar.org/litigation/litigationnews/practice_areas/class-actions-lawsuits.html&ved=2ahUKEwjaiMaQya7bAhVBzlkKHQ3oAwMQFjADegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0BIU33JosM27gQ31nCVLIA
How can I find out if other consumers have similar complaints about a company or industry?

One can check with the Better Business Bureau; or check on other online review sites.

Hello;

just checking in on the above.

If you have no further questions kindly rate 5 stars if you feel I have earned it - there is no additional charge to do so.

Thank you and take care!

All information is for educational purposes only; to consult with a personal attorney that can provide legal advice based on the particulars of your case, please contact:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html