Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a used truck at a Honda dealer like 35 days ago,

Customer Question
Hello, so I bought...

Hello, so I bought a used truck at a Honda dealer like 35 days ago, and now they are rescinding the contract and want me to return the truck. Is it legal for them to do this? I thought they had 10 days to ask for the car back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Not at the moment, I'm in Southern California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

So far you are the 1st I've asked

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/29/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

You are correct. In CA, if the dealer cannot assign your loan to a bank, the dealer must be your bank. This does not mean that you must return the vehicle to them. The sale is final and the dealer must finance you for the vehicle and accept payments.