Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is "Sell my time share now" a l egitmate comany? No contract…

Customer Question
Is "Sell my time...

Is "Sell my time share now" a l egitmate comany?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

No contract offered yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Only discussion so far that they will sell my time share condo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes this started with an unsolicted phone call.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/25/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
insearchoftheanswer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. This company has a "D" rating with the BBB. See the following link with regard to complaints regarding this company: https://www.bbb.org/concord/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/sell-my-timeshare-now-in-portsmouth-nh-92008632/Alerts-and-Actions

Whatever company you eventually choose, you should never send any money up front. No fees are incurred in a real estate transaction unless the deal closes and they are telling you the deal is real so they should take the risk and let their fees come from the sales proceeds. The fact that they want them up front tells me they have no closing planned. All these companies know that timeshare owners are desperate to unload their timeshares and the maintenance fees that come with them and they take advantage. At worst, you should tell them you will put up the fee, but it is to be held in escrow with an INDEPENDENT national title company with an escrow agreement that it gets released without the signature of the other side if your timeshare does not close within the 90 day period for whatever reason. If they do not agree on that, they simply intend to take your money.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!