Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Wells .I have life insurance with Glob life when I started…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** .I have life insurance with Glob life when I started the policy it was. United life.becase I have reached the age of 80 its being Termnated. an they keep what I put in the policy. can U help me with this.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I AM in Elmont ny.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None I went to Helen Keller for help they do not do life Ins .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I never missed A payment since 2007. can any thing be done

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I am in ny.state
Thank U.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Sally Bergman,
 replied 2 months ago
Sally Bergman

Hi Josie,

It sounds like the policy you had was a 20-year term life insurance policy that ends at the expiration of the term and has no cash value. Do you have a copy of the policy? If so, it should clearly state those terms. Policies like Universal Life typically have a much higher premium, cannot be cancelled and have cash value.