Consumer Protection Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified consumer protection lawyer who will answer your question

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

More related answers
All consumer protection lawyers are VERIFIED
I had a stroke about three years ago. I recently bought a
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I had a stroke about three years ago. I recently bought a used car with a substantial loan from Capital One. But since then I have gotten worse. I can't drive on freeways at night. I need to get out o… read more
My husband bought a car two years ago. I did not want the
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My husband bought a car two years ago. I did not want the car. I am not on the title and signed nothing. My husband died last week. Must I keep and pay for that car? Can I return it and the title to t… read more
Okay, here goes. 3 years ago, My brother down in New Jersey
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Okay, here goes. 3 years ago, My brother down in New Jersey had bought a car, and the dealership had let him take it home on a friday without getting the official approval. Come monday morning, he is … read more
I owe over $14K to Wells Fargo. It was borrowed for My Brothers
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I owe over $14K to Wells Fargo. It was borrowed for My Brothers Teeth. He had suffered a stroke 6yrs ago at 46. It is documented that it was for My BROTHER not me. Qusestion !: Can I file medical bank… read more
My boyfriend has two judgements against him for credit card
P. Simmons, Lawyer
My boyfriend has two judgements against him for credit card debt that was over 9 years ago. We did not know about this because it was not sent to the right address. We live in Long Island and the pape… read more
My wife had a $40.00 Dentist bill three years ago that did
David L
David L, Doctoral Degree
My wife had a $40.00 Dentist bill three years ago that did not get paid, we were contacted a few days ago by a collection agency saying we now owe them $231.00. Is there a legal limit they (collection… read more
My brother hired an attorney 9 years ago to help him get out
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My brother hired an attorney 9 years ago to help him get out from under a Child Support Back Payment claim with the State of Washington. He has a receipt for every dime he paid in child support. He pa… read more
Two years ago my daughter and son-in-law purchased a wedding
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
Two years ago my daughter and son-in-law purchased a wedding ring for about $5,000.00 from Robins Brothers. They set up a monthly payment plan and have made the payment obligations. Today the balance … read more
my dad had a stroke a year ago and had to use his credit card
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
my dad had a stroke a year ago and had to use his credit card to pay for a medivac flight home. he went right to a nursing home, is still there and will probably never get out short of his death. medi… read more
I have a medical bill and provided the hospital with my
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
I have a medical bill and provided the hospital with my insurance information but they did not file the claim. Am I still responsible for the bill? If you answer and tell me where I can verify I agree… read more
I was a child care provider in westchester county, NY. My
Ely, Counselor at Law
I was a child care provider in westchester county , NY. My program was closed over two years ago when two children got out of the daycare. I was found indicated of child abuse and maltreatment under l… read more
I had my guest bathroom done over a year ago. The contractors
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I had my guest bathroom done over a year ago. The contractors did not level the floor correctly thus water pools to two side and does not drain out like it should. I have to mop of the floor after eve… read more
My brother called 911 and went to the hospital. They charged
Law Educator, Esq., consumer protection lawyer
My brother called 911 and went to the hospital. They charged him 900 for the ambulance and 300 for medical. Its been turned over to a Collection agency. What could happen to him. Jail? Lose green card… read more
I asked the doctor to put my Mom in rehab for a week to get
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I asked the doctor to put my Mom in rehab for a week to get physical therapy well she did not get the care she should had i complained every day i signed her out so they filed a false report to APS th… read more
Recently received a bill from a hospital for services rendered
Loren, consumer protection lawyer
Recently received a bill from a hospital for services rendered almost two years ago. Is there a statue of limitation when it comes to billing for services?… read more
A year ago, living in NJ, I was unemployed and got really sick.
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
A year ago, living in NJ, I was unemployed and got really sick. The local hospital serviced me for two weeks. During admission, I told the hospital I did not have medical insurance to which I was told… read more
Is there a law that protects consumers against back ...
Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Founder
Is there a law that protects consumers against back billing by a hospital two years after a physician visit? The hospital neglected to bill my insurance immediately following the visit and now my insu… read more
Two years ago, i foolishly helped a boyfriend finance a car.
Two years ago, i foolishly helped a boyfriend finance a car. I now am getting ready to move out of state, and i want him to refinance or trade the car to get my name off of the loan. He refuses to do … read more