Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am being over charged for my home gas bill by my gas

Customer Question
I am being over...

I am being over charged for my home gas bill by my gas supplier AGWAY ENERGY PRODUCTS. want to know what legal action i can take my name is ***** *****(###) ###-####can you please advise

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Customer:*****buffalo ny 14206

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Went to national fuel gas company they said its not them but who i set up as my supplier AGWAY i have called agway and cancled there service and the supplier will go back to as it was before agway told me i would save money by switching to them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my per ccf gas charges are 2 times more than my best friend of 45 years his bills same gas co but the gas co is his supplier not agway halp price per ccf

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

i am being over charged for my home gas bill by my gas supplier AGWAY ENERGY PRODUCTS. want to know what legal action i can take my name is Charles

Response: You should file complaint first with New York State Public Utilities Service Commission. Then if your issue is not resolved, you can file a Small Claim against the company at your local Courthouse. Click here for Small Claim information.

Goodluck with your case,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.