Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a used car on March 1, 2015. It is a 2012 Scion IQ.

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used car on March 1, 2015. It is a 2012 Scion IQ. It had 10,000 miles at time of purchase. Current mileage is approximately 31,500 miles. Within a year of purchase, the pain started peeling on the roof. The paint is white and is luminescent. It is called Blizzard white. When I checked google, there were other cars the same model and year with Blizzard white paint which also had peeling paint issues. What recourse do I have? I did go to a Toyota dealer in Hillstown, PA who looked at peeling and wrote down and told me "that's a chemical spill from the road. I disagree because other sections of the car have since started peeling. It certainly looks like a factory defect Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I went to Toyota dealer who said it was a chemical spill and not a factory defect.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did pay for roof to be repaired. Like I said in initial email, there were other ScionIQ cars in blizzard white 2012 models who also had this problem.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

What recourse do I have?

Response: You need to contact Toyota, the manufacturer, not the dealer about your concerns and demand for reimbursement of your repair cost. You should detail your issues along with mentioning that other motorists have reported the same issue so you believe that it is a manufacturing defect.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.