Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a vehicle on Saturday in NYS and I realized it…

Customer Question
I purchased a vehicle...

I purchased a vehicle on Saturday in NYS and I realized it is not affordable Can I return the vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have the vehicle in my possession sighned everything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

DO I have to pay for this

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/2/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can I return the vehicle

.

Unfortunately, there is no right to cancel in a vehicle purchase unless it states so in the contract. And they never do... So once you sign the contract, you are legally bound to purchase the car..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer