Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Bought a "new" used certified vehicle; after I left with it,

Customer Question
Bought a "new" used...

Bought a "new" used certified vehicle; after I left with it, dealer called to direct I return it for gas tank repair (entry port obstructed and can only drizzle gas in). Circumstance dictated I could not return right away (death in the family). Endless hours gassing vehicle. Returned vehicle; spent 4 hours at service department; then told part on order and must return again in 3-4 days. Now a 2nd round trip returning vehicle to dealer service; repair will take 7 hours.
I had interviews scheduled. I am missing work. My time is valuable. Can I expect that my time be compensated? The 4 hours spent waiting, the two return trips (4 hours), and the 7 hours for the repair. What is reasonable and what does the law allow?
Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

CA. No other attorney or agency.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This one. Looking for a consultation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What do you charge?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Consumer Protection Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

So, what is "the rest"?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/3/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: If you vehicle is still covered under the manufacturer's warranty, you are covered under California Lemon law. The Lemon Law allows several attempts to repair the vehicle, then if the issue is not resolved, you would be entitled to refund of your purchase price or for a replacement vehicle. Unfortunately, you are not entitled to additional compensation for time lost from work or time spent trying to fix the issue. Click here and here for more information.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks much, yes, I agree that your response is a 5*. Will just see if I can find the place to state that.

You are quite Welcome!

There should be popup screen that asks you to give your Expert a rating. If you are still unable to find it, let me know so that I can have customer service do it.

Thank you for your cooperation.