Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My mother is in a nursing home. I would like to know how…

Customer Question
My mother is in a...
My mother is in a nursing home. I would like to know how Medicaid pays per month for each resident in semi private room, in Alabama. Please let know. Thank in advance for your help.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure that I follow your queston completely.

If your mother is Medicaid eligble (meets the fiancial test) and is in a Medicaid eligible facility the facility direct bills Medicaid for your mother's care. Your mother may receive explanation of benefit style forms. But payment is established by law and is made directly to the institution.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Perhaps this resource may also provide some light for you:

https://www.caring.com/articles/medicaid-nursing-home