Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I leased a 2014 Lexus, in 2016 I did a trade-off for 2016. I…

Customer Question
I leased a 2014...

I leased a 2014 Lexus, in 2016 I did a trade-off for 2016. I have papers stating Lexus paid off the last nine payments of the 2014. Toyota put a charge-off on my credit report for $6,883.00.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Miami Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have send certified letters to the financial department with Lexus an Toyota. Also to Transunion and Equifax. I had a credit recovery company to look into it with no results.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just need help!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/2/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If Toyota has refused to correct the record and your dispute with Credit Reporting Agencies did not resolve the issue, you need to file complaint against Toyota with Consumer Finance Protection Bureau and Better Business Bureau for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. Then if your issue remains unresolved, you can file lawsuit against Toyota to remove this derogatory information from your credit file. The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes information available online.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.