Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I lent my Home Depot card to my son-in-law when he was

Customer Question
starting up his HVAC business. That...
I lent my Home Depot card to my son-in-law when he was starting up his HVAC business.
That was about a year ago - or 1-1/2 or so. At first he paid the balance on time every month, in full. He ran into a slow period and used the moneys he received for other than the HD account. He now says he doesn't have the work and no income to pay. What can be done to get this resolved Its hitting me with$ 200/month just to cover the min payment. I'm now retired and on a limitted income and can't keep covering it.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/1/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you would have to file a Small Claim against him at your local Courthouse to force him to pay. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse or online if the Courthouse makes forms available online.

I am sorry that I do not have better solution for you.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.