Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I have to pursue the car auction business for breach of…

Customer Question
If I have to pursue...
If I have to pursue the car auction business for breach of contract can I also charge them all legal fees and my time involved?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/31/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, under the law, legal fees and costs and your time are not compensatory damages allowed for a breach of contract suit. So, unless your contract says you can recover legal fees and costs for breach, you cannot seek them as part of a breach of contract suit.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

What are the requirements to sue someone for fraud?

Thank you for your reply.

Fraud requires you to show from the conduct and facts that at the time of the transaction they intended to defraud or deceive you from their conduct.

Is there anyway I can recover what this has cost me, including my time and if I need to pursue them legally?

Thank you for your reply.

Generally, for unfair and deceptive practices, which it could be possible to prove here, you could seek attorney's fees and up to triple damages. However, if you fail to prove the unfair and deceptive practices, no.