Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I filed a civil lawsuit at the court house in Feb against my…

Customer Question
I filed a civil lawsuit...
I filed a civil lawsuit at the court house in Feb against my insurance company for bad faith. The clerk gave me a packet for ADR should I be filling out on them before I serve them with the summons and complaint on the defendant's?
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/31/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 21 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Kindly review, edit, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I’m sorry I just want to know if I’m supposed to fill in the adr paperwork before I serve the lawsuit. If not who says what methods will be used to reSolve this?
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 20 days ago

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

I’m sorry I just want to know if I’m supposed to fill in the adr paperwork before I serve the lawsuit.

Response 1: No.

If not who says what methods will be used to reSolve this?

Response 2: Each local Court has specific process of dispute resolution. You need to check with the Superior Court where you are going to file the case for the arbitration process and the requirements.

Goodluck with your case,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I’m looking for information for contra Costa county. There appears to be a number of options available to resolve the disputes I have with my insurance agency and some must be requested 15 days prior to the hearing set in June and I’m just wondering who chooses these various options and if I want to take a deposition of the agent that handled my claim how I can go about doing that if I have fee waiver?
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 15 days ago

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law