Consumer Protection Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified consumer protection lawyer who will answer your question

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney

More related answers
All consumer protection lawyers are VERIFIED
RIGHT NOW I AMIN THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN.
Law Educator, Esq., consumer protection lawyer
hi, my name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: RIGHT NOW I AMIN THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. … read more
I purchased a property that was damaged by fire. the
i purchased a property that was damaged by fire. the insurance company sent a letter and a check for 50k less then the reapairs needed. stating it was over the policy limits. the lender is telling mt … read more
I have a question regarding Texas Statues Bus & Code Title
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hello, I have a question regarding Texas Statues Bus & Code Title 1, Chaper 3. In November 2017, I went into my bank USAA and purchased a official check for $4500 made out to a payee for the purchase … read more
If Sears (citi Bank) offers 0% rate balance transfer and
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
If Sears (citi Bank) offers 0% rate balance transfer and when i received my statement it 3.99% because i cashed the wrong check i have the other 2 checks and promotion letter no where on the check doe… read more
A check for repairs was made out to the husband and wife but
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, JD
A check for repairs was made out to the husband and wife but also to the bank who has the mortgage as well. Another bank will not take the check unless the mortgage company endorses the check. The cou… read more
I am having a Bad faith issue with my insurance company who
I am having a Bad faith issue with my insurance company who has mislead me for over a year with the claims that they are attempting to get funds back from a contractor who fraudulently endorsed a thre… read more
My car was totaled in a accident and the insurance company
Barrister, Lawyer
My car was totaled in a accident and the insurance company sent me a check, with my name on it and ctifincial. I signed it and sent it to citi , and they sent it back with a without recourse on the ba… read more
I am a Solar System installer. I had bought some material from
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
I am a Solar System installer. I had bought some material from Aleo Solar in 2013. As a result of some negligence on part of Aleo Solar, we got into a payment dispute. Aleo sent me an attorney's notic… read more
we were switching from a bank to a finial adviser and Hartford Insurance refused to allow
we were switching from a bank to a finial adviser and Hartford Insurance refused to allow him to change the policy. First they refused to talk to us, we signed releases which they refused to honor fin… read more
I purchased a 1997 Chevy S-10 truck (approximately 105,000
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I purchased a 1997 Chevy S-10 truck (approximately 105,000 miles) from a used car dealership May 22nd of this year. Before purchase, the dealership offered (I didn't ask) a 6 month used car warranty f… read more
I received an insurance claim check made out to me and my
Ely, Counselor at Law
I received an insurance claim check made out to me and my mortgage company. My mortgage company is forcing me to sign the check over to them and they will disperse the money as they deem necessary. My… read more
Received a damaged package from UPS. Good rendered unusable.
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Received a damaged package from UPS. Good rendered unusable. Insured through UPS Store. Getting run around. What to do?… read more
I bought a used Goldwing motorcycle last March. I also bought
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I bought a used Goldwing motorcycle last March. I also bought a 3rd party warranty lasting 2 years that covers all mechanical failures. The name of the company is RPM One. A year later I had a transmi… read more
Recently our home was damaged by a storm/mini tornado. The
Dylatess
Dylatess, JD
Recently our home was damaged by a storm/mini tornado. The insurance Co. sent the catastrophe team of inspectors and adjusters and deemed our claim as worthy.The insurance co. cut the check payable to… read more
I have an extended warranty on my 2005 jaguar s-type. Its
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
I have an extended warranty on my 2005 jaguar s-type. It's called Performance First with the third party administrator being Dimension Service in Dublin, Ohio. I'm supposed to be responsible for a $20… read more
Received a check from LAFAYETTE INSURANCE COMAPNY, 2800 Vaterans
Loren, consumer protection lawyer
Received a check from LAFAYETTE INSURANCE COMAPNY, 2800 Vaterans Memorial Blvd, Metaire. Ca 70002 for 4,450 dollars. I was told it was a sweepstakes win from walgreens or walmart when I called the cla… read more
I had a wrongful levy placed on my Citibank checking account.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I had a wrongful levy placed on my Citibank checking account. The person that placed the levy was going after my brother and thought he was my spouse. My brother and I have never shared any accounts, … read more
My home was damaged in a fire. The insurance company recommended
Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Founder
My home was damaged in a fire. The insurance company recommended a contractor that I opted to use for repairs. The insurance company mailed check for the homeowner (me), the contractor and the mortgag… read more