Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I took a “title” loan out at Title max. While doing the

Customer Question
I took a “title”...

I took a “title” loan out at Title max. While doing the loan, the man helping me was asking me questions and figured out that I was a Paramedic and Instructor in the community. He told me that his brother was a fireman with the city department. No big deal. However, my first red flag should have been when I left and he didn’t give me any paperwork. I called the next day and I was told all the papers would be emailed to me. I never received any. In the meantime, I had trouble paying the loan and they did a repo on my jeep. It was horrible, but I know that part is my fault, since I couldnt pay it back. As embarrassing as it was already, I find out that the man at title max went and told his brother EVERYTHING!!! I even had some students coming up to me and asking about my jeep!!! They said they heard it from a guy at the fire Dept! EVEN my ex-boyfriend heard all about it! I am Still getting comments about it, and this is a new group of students! How can I get Him to stop talking?!?!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. I wanted To see if I signed Anything about confidentiality but I dont Have a copy of anything I signed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont Think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/30/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I HAD to Pay $49 to get an answer!!! I am DEFINITELY waiting for an answer! I dont Understand how it says this service was free, but then you ask your question and they send you to someone that can answer you. However you have to pay to get an answer!!!
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Do you know the man's name at Title Max? If you know his name, you can send him a cease and desist letter to get him to stop slandering you in the community. You can also send a letter to his employer, Title Max, for invasion of privacy and violation of your privacy rights by this employee. Who knows what other sensitive information this employee is using or disseminating?

I will Definitely do that! And yes I know His name. The other problem is the damage is done, and you are right, what else is he doing with client information?!