Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I currently have credit card debt that I have gone

Customer Question
I currently have credit...

I currently have credit card debt that I have gone delinquent on. I contacted Freedom Debt Relief and initiated a debt settlement agreement with them. They currently have $6,000 of mine in a dedicated account. They have not settled any credit card debt for me as of today. I want to cancel that service and contact a lawyer. I want to know what I need to do to ensure I receive my $6,000 back.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

California. I have not contacted Freedom Debt Relief to cancel the agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/30/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: You need to send them a written request to cancel the service immediately and return your full deposit. Indicate that you no longer wish to participate in their program because none of your debt has been paid or settled contrary to their promise to you. If they ignore your request or issue a partial refund, you can file complaint against them with your Attorney General's Office. You should also report them to the Better Business Bureau.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys who handle debt collection defense to assist you in settling your debts: Consumeradvocates.org Lawyers.com Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.