Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a vehicle yesterday and I’m literally sick I…

Customer Question
Hi I purchased a...

Hi I purchased a vehicle yesterday and I’m literally sick I want to return it what do I need to do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Mississippi ..... and no one is helping me I did call the dealership and they said they couldn’t take it back

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None just called my salesman

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes it is a rough riding SUV the features are not what I was expected and the radio speakers are in and out........ I’m just not satisfied with spending this amount of money on a car I should’ve waited

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/29/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this matter?

Have you asked the salesman to cancel the sale? Did your contract with the dealer include a refund clause or cancellation clause?

Where would I find that at

Thank you for your reply.

It would be in the contract paperwork you signed to purchase the vehicle.

It has a no cooling off period

Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Have you called the dealer to ask them if they will cancel or at least put you into some other car you are more comfortable with?

he is willing to do switch out however he doesn’t have anything in my budget

Thank you for your reply

Unfortunately, by state law, once you sign such a contract to purchase, you are legally bound to honor that contract, if not using written contracts would be meaningless.

So, in order to change this deal or cancel the contract, legally both parties have to agree to the change of the contract. If the dealer will not agree to cancel the contract and you cannot reach some other deal, legally you will be bound with this purchase I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.