Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Me and my wife went to our eye doctor for check up we go…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and my wife went to our eye doctor for check up we go every year or so on 10-29-2017 the doctor gave us new prescription so she picked new frame and i wanted to use my old frame which I bought from there so I paid for both $405 for mine and $679.75 for my wife so after 2 weeks we went to pick up the glasses mine where ok but they did not cut the lenses good for the frame when ever i want to clean them they come out of the frame and my wifes glasses were totaly wrong so the said there was a mistake we are taking them back to the lab we will call you when the are ready after another 10 days we went and they still wrong and then my wife got upset she told me I dont want the glasses any more so i said ok we will go some where else so I caled my credit card co and disputed the a mount been charged only to my wifes glasses and I explain what happened after 8 weeks or so they refunded the money to my credit card account 2 weeks ago I received my credit card statement and I see the doctor office charge my credit card for the same amount $679.75 so I called the credit card co and she said it is better to call the doctor office and solve the problem and she will try to dispute the charges a gain , so I asked my daughter to call the doctors office a gain to see if the glasses there they said yes so my wife went to pik them up and it was the same problem the left eye lenses is not clear so the told her come back next week so we can check you vision again so she went on 03-28-2018 and the told her that you need to pay for eye exam a gain so my wife refused and told them that she paid before and the mistake is theres and she left now she has the glasses and the are not good what do you advice me to do please thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Wisconsin 10-29-17

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/30/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

She needs to ask the office to refund her money. If the office refuses, then she needs to dispute the charge on your credit card once more. If the dispute is not in her favor, then she would need to file a Small Claim against the office at your local Courthouse. You can obtain Small Claims forms online if the Court makes forms available online or from the Clerk's office.

She should also report the office to the Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.