Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I brought a truck 3500 cash this was my first time buying a…

Customer Question
I brought a truck...

I brought a truck 3500 cash this was my first time buying a vehicle and my father asked me do I want to put the insurance in his name or mine and I said his because it will be cheaper and we had an agreement that he will never take what I paid for he did not help me on nothing and I’m payed for the insurance also but I put it in his name so he just took the truck from me and he won’t give it back so I’m in court fighting to get what I paid for can you please tell me what will happen?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have court March 30th

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will I be able to get my truck that I paid for

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I paid the $5 so how long will I hear from a lawyer ???
3/29/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 27 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have proof that you paid for the truck yourself and not your father?

You need to specify your question for us as well, because "what will happen" calls for us to guess and we know nothing about your case because you have only told us you paid for the truck, put it in his name and he took it from you. We know no other facts or anything about any evidence available.

Infolawyer, Lawyer