Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was contacted by a financial firm that we offering free…

Customer Question
I was contacted by...

I was contacted by a financial firm that we offering free government grant money which I know now is a scam because I send them money in hopes a getting a grant after getting the initial down payment the rules changed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I was contacted online about free government grant money for retired and people needing financial help to start a business or home improvements that would not need to be paid back

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I send the initial down paymen I was informed that I could pay the remainder after so got the funds from them. Once they got the payment the rules changed they wanted all the money before the funds could be transfered

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

After telling them I could not come up with the full fee I could be refunded my first payment money. I have every thing in texting of I could forward to you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/28/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.