Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a car from a car lot, had an accident my

I purchased a car...

I purchased a car from a car lot , had an accident my insurance claims adjuster wanted to pay the car off. The loan company wanted the sales tax included so I had the insurance claims adjuster include the sales tax to close the claim. The loan company continued to call my phone even after the claims adjuster agreed to pay the car off. Just want to know my rights ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is the first step

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's fine

3/28/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
What outcome do you seek?
I need to make sure that my credit is not going to be affected in a negative way. Do to the fact that it took them so long even after the adjuster had already gave them the break down and the sails taxes to give my adjuster the letter of guarantee so that they can get paid. It took them two months and during that time they kept on hurrassing me and sending letters saying they was going to repossess the car that they know is totalled and they know we don't have. Will this affect my credit negatively. And can I seek legal action
First, A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Court action could be filed as well. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Great. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer