Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We had assigned out Motorhome to a company to lease out with…

We had assigned out...

We had assigned out Motorhome to a company to lease out with option to buy, which worked out from June 2015. The person who leasing was change in Oct. 2017 and then in November 2017 the person we had dealt

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

With sold his co. to another person, who then closed the end of Feb. The new person who had now leased our motor home wants to try and finance

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

In his name. We agreed to give him $12,000.00 to help defray charges and repairs, as to get rid of the loan in our name. We told him we would transfer to who ever he got the loan from. He wants the money upfront, to help get the loan. We do not know how to handle to protect us. we live in California and so does the person we are dealing with.

Our question is how to protect us giving money to the person who has our
motor home to pursue getting a loan to pay off our motor home and put in his name.
3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You cannot give the money to him upfront.

You can sign a simple contract with him to give him the money AFTER he has secured financing. This contract should be signed by three of you in front of a Notary Public in three copies. He would keep one copy of the duplicate original and you would keep a copy of the other one, and also keep the extra one in case of litigation. The money would be put in a separate back account to assure him that the funds would be available as soon he fulfills his part of the agreement. Again, you cannot give him the money upfront. If you do, you may live to regret the decision.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you, ***** ***** want I thought, but needed an attorney to hopefully make the leasor believe this.

You are quite Welcome! and thank you very much for the positive rating.

Best wishes,