Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a low income senior whose wife died of an fatal chronic…

Customer Question
I am a low...

I am a low income senior whose wife died of an fatal chronic debilitating illness 2.5 years ago. She had long term care insurance from Genworth. When we tried to make a posthumous claim, Genworth denied it. One of the medical people who is writing a letter supporting my appeal suggested that I need a lawyer to write a letter. I am in Sebastopol, Ca. Can you direct me to a lawyer who will advise me pro-bono or work for reduced rates....

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Havent ye talked with anyone yet....

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Have gotten a letter from her medical doctor at Kaiser Permanente and am getting one from the former director of the clinical trial in which my wife was enrolled at Stanford Medical Center. That person suggested that I needed a lawyer to precisely frame my appeal so it would conform to the requirements of the policy...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think we have a good place to start...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/27/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I'm still waiting.....
I'll wait longer.....
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but none of the experts on this site can represent anyone from this site, which means we cannot write letters. If you need a low cost or pro bono attorney to assist you in this, you can go to your local legal aid office first and if they cannot assist you then you can contact the CA State Bar Association and ask about pro bono attorneys in your area who could assist you.