Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I may need assistance? AZ. Worked with Walmart claims

Customer Question
I may need assistance? ...

I may need assistance?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Worked with Walmart claims department for one month... then Send an on-line letter to Walmart Corporate headquarters... last week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Firstly, I am blessed to be alive and grateful for the fact that my wheel did not fall off while I was going down the highway with my daughter and grandkids in the car. I am thankful that I heard some noise and started to pull off the highway before it crashed. I cannot imagine what might have happened if I was still going 65 miles an hour pulling the 25-foot trailer when it happened. BUT - I have been waiting for over a month for Walmart Claims Management Incorporated – CMI (Processing Center) to "process" the claim to repair my car after broken studs caused my entire wheel to come off my truck while in motion... it caused significant physical damage to the body doors fenders steps brake rotor steering knuckle, electric steps, rear panel, bumper and lights ...etc... it has been a horrible process of me sending them all my maintenance records (showing they have been taking care of my tires for about 6 years as well as the receipt for rotating and balancing my tires a few weeks earlier) including my original purchase date of the vehicle, VIN, mileage at time of accident/now, and copies of all my WALMART records of maintenance ....plus pictures of all the damage from the repair facility with their estimate... then they had me ask the repair facility to break the estimate up into three separate estimates… I sent another email asking if anyone was actually reading my emails and working on this problem- because I was not hearing ANY RESPONSE from them to let me know they were even getting all the stuff they requested... I received a phone message later that morning… as it turns out the original "processor/agent" was not in the office... but no worries she has been passing all the information off to others to take care of it. Later that night someone new called me… This is how it went:
He stated he could not open everything and started to run through some numbers arguing with all kinds of numbers the (Walmart required ASE Certified Facility/Collision Repair Shop) was quoting and came up with a figure much less than what this ASE Certified Repair Shop quoted... He told me he did not understand how my front truck tire could not fall of and just go to the ground. He said there was no way the back tire could have run over the front tire (under the truck by then) and have hit my undercarriage behind my back tire and done any damage. I told him there is no other explanation for my back-rear panel and bumper being pushed up dislodging my rear light. I had sent pictures from the original scene after I recovered the front tire which sows tire tracks over one corner of the tire when it was (I can only conjecture) pinched up behind the rear tire and hit the undercarriage/fender panel. I explained in an earlier email that there were no witnesses to help explain everything that happened at the time and I was kind of busy with my hands full trying to stop and not crash into another car or building. It was an unexpected and exciting few minutes. During the call it became evident his job was to close out this claim with the least money using whatever reasons he could muster.Remember - he said he could not open all the stuff (estimates) that had been sent to him… but then then he began to argue (with me) about what repairs and hours they were charging in certain areas. I told him I have no insight into how that works and the "insurance adjuster" threatened me because he thought it was not correct, “because he has a book too and his numbers do not agree” ... 1.7 hours vs 3.4 hours for something, remove vs. replace and other stuff which I really do not know about and do not control. The fact that new lug nuts were charged to me at 4 per pack when they only originally replaced 6 to get me back on the road the day of the incident – again all I could tell them is for him to call the facility and ask them why – I have no control over any of that. I told him if he has a problem with them - call them. I have nothing to do with it. He threatened me again a

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/26/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 28 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us about this issue?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Do I need to get a lawyer involved or drop my complaint, cash the check, and move on?
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 26 days ago

Thank you for your reply.

How much did they offer to pay and what is the total damage amount?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I am not interested in a purely educational exercise while I waste my time sending data and information... I had hoped to get legal advise and or assistance... please refund my money. Thank you
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 24 days ago

Thank you for your reply. Sorry you feel you wasted your time and the time of the expert as well. You can contact customer service, because the experts are not site employees and cannot give any refunds but customer service will gladly give you a refund.

Best of luck. God bless you.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I already filled out the website to receive a refund, please. This is not what I expected and is not helpful.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 23 days ago

Please stop responding to me and continuing to waste both of our time. I am sorry you had the inability to communicate and use this site as intended. However, the site will give your refund.

You have such a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend.

Infolawyer, Lawyer