Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Two bed sets were bought from OverStock Mattress, Beds were…

Two bed sets were...

Two bed sets were bought from OverStock Mattress , Beds were sagging on one side and we had the bed for 2 weeks and said that the warrantee was voided because the bed was sat on the side. How does one get out of onesw BED? Jump up like a jack rabbit from the center? voided the warrantee on the 2nd bed and denied store credit of 170.01. I disouted this with Synchrony Bank since November 2017, 4x, Mattress Overstock lied and bank didn't even listen to my side of the dispute. I am sick of this! I now have to pay $3185 for something that the store will not come and get!, I have these Mattresses in storage and had to go and buy 800.00 dollars at another stoire to be able to sleep on a decent bed!, Company lied on this dispute and even charged me another 357.00 ontop of the 3185.00 which is supposed to be interest free for 4 years, and interest has already been added to the balance.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready , set GO!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Somerset,Kentucky, It began September 28TH, 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Disputed the charges 4x with Synchrony Bank and we were denied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will let Husband explain more than I can

3/26/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I will away your reply, Thank You

If the company voided the warranty by improperly storing the mattress and then sold it to you with a representation it was under warranty then you can sue them for breach of contract and commercial fraud.

If you prevail on the commercial fraud claim you may be entitled to an award of attorney fees and punitive damages, as well.

Unfortunately, the claim exceeds the jurisdictional limit for KY small claims court. So you will need to sue in the regular courts.

While you can pursue this pro se, it is strongly recommended you retain an attorney to represent you. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

You can also file a consumer complaint online with the KY Attorney General's office.

They will investigate and take action, if they deem it appropriate.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Lawyer
Loren, Lawyer