Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was purchasing a truck in Idaho and was told that I needed…

I was purchasing a...

I was purchasing a truck in Idaho and was told that I needed $500 down before they would send me any doc on the vehicle I ask do they give a refund if I don't purchase the vehicle They said yes. So I paid the $500 down but never received the information on the vehicle so I cancel the order and started looking else where but I told them to cancel my order and refund me. nothing happen. I called the manager a few days later and talk to the manager who said they don't refund deposit and told him that people do that and then cancel but I said I never received any document on the vehicle and now I want to cancel the manger said he would review the calls and get back the next by 10:30 am aprox. He never called back I call the salesman who said he would talk to the manager contact me back but he never did What can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Idaho I'm in Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Waiting for the manager to call back

3/25/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
By the way Friday the send apologize and the info on the vechicl but I haven’t open them because I don’t trust them
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
that help. Thank you
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated! Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer