Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We bought a truck from a dealership in Springfield and while…

Customer Question
We bought a truck...

We bought a truck from a dealership in Springfield and while there we had to wait 4 hours for their mechanic to go through everything to make sure everyting is right and properly working, however, that was not the case, ever since we left with the truck it has been giving us problems and costing us a lot of money that same day and the days that follows. The dealership refuse to help us on this matter and will not help with the costs even though they sold us a faulty truck without telling us it is faulty. What do we do because we have lost a lot of money and every day that the truck is standing in a workshop, we loose money.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in Kansas but the dealership is in Missouri. I have nobody helping with this as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is the first step, I have tried to deal with this patiently and tried for the dealership to assist but now it is coming to the point where I need to get legal advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just that we haven't had the truck for a full week yet and already 3 times in the workshop

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Could you tell me if these were warranty repairs that needed to be done?