Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having issues with an rv, dealer where I just purchased…

I am having issues...

I am having issues with an rv , dealer where I just purchased a brand new 2018 travel trailer and within the first two weeks I began having problems such broken screw heads from a couple different windows, and electrical issues and leaking front door all issues that a person would think they wouldn't have to deal with being a new trailer, and I recently took it in to the dealership and they told me that one of the walls were installed crooked and that was why my bedroom door jam was not right and part of it was broke, so my question is what vare my rights as a consumer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?

Washington state and its a 2018 and I bought it on 12/09/2017

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well I immediately contacted them to let them know and when I purchased it I told them I planned on living in it so the hole time they had it I had to pay to stay with friends, ive taken pictures and saved emails and documented the problems as ive found them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

3/25/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I am willing to wait cause I’m really in need of what to do with my situation
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You are entitled to be reimbursed for the time you have not been able to use the trailer. If the issues are still not resolved, then the dealer must provide a replacement trailer to you or refund your purchase price. If the dealer refuses to refund your money or replace the RV, you can file lawsuit against the dealer at your local Courthouse for refund of your purchase price. You can obtain complaint forms online if your Courthouse makes forms available online or go to the Clerk's office to obtain forms. Click here to locate your trial Courthouse.

You may also file for arbitration through the Attorney General's office. Click here for more information.

You can also file complaint with the Attorney General's office against the dealership.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law