Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

For at least the last 18 month Eversource has been charging…

Customer Question
For at least the...

For at least the last 18 month Eversource has been charging me for my neighbors electricity We are dealing with that, however they also read my gas meter which has also been suspiciously high for the last 18 months.Eversource is requiring me to contact my neighbor (I live in a 4 plex) and will not disclose what neighbor is in question.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

In contact with Eversource (by phone only - their request)

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:*****

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Customer:***** Ashland, Ma

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/24/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Certainly I would like that information
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
your legal advice is to seek a lawyer. Is that correct?
I would threaten legal action personally. I would also attempt attorney general and BBB. I would then involve a consumer lawyer.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
will consider your reply during the next few days
Sounds like a plan. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Have found other consumer protection agencies that can be more helpful.

Sounds great. are my replies to date however acceptable?

I may have other questions within the next few days
That’s fine. Per site rules those would need to be posted in a new thread and you are welcome to request me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
These questions are not considered follow up questions?
If all connected that’s fine.
As mentioned Eversource has been in error when charging my account. After numerous calls in the past 18 months, I finally had to hire a private company to confirm that fact. In your opinion what are my chances of recovering those fees?
Good based on the errors.
Based on what errors?

over charging.