Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am not sure which specialty this question should be

Hello - I am not...
Hello - I am not sure which specialty this question should be directed to. I have a question. I own a couple Timeshares with a high number of available weeks that I cannot use. I own a business and was wondering if it were legal or illegal for us to raffle off weeks through the sale of tickets to raise funds for business expansion. Just a thought but only a good one if it is legal of course. Any thoughts?
3/24/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, it is not legal to raffle off tickets to raise money for your business expansion. You business is not a nonprofit/tax exempt organization.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law