Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I just went to the emergency room last night. Do the

Customer Question

I just went to the emergency room last night. Do the contract you sign has stipulations about your paymenys. This morning I gave the debt card number to them. Can the charge my debt card without my consent ?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Washington state
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just figured it out niw
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Could you help me understand what you mean by whether they can change your debit card #? What did they change it too? Did they use a different card you had on file?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can they charge your debit card on file ?
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I just want to make sure that I fully understand your issue. As you have phrased it, the answer to your question is yes; they can charge your debit card on file if they provided services to you and you agreed to accept those services. Otherwise, they aren't able to do it if you didn't agree to accept any services. Could you fill me in a bit on your questions about why this is troubling for you?