Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My cards been scammed how do I fix that problem

3/23/2018
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
What do you mean by your cards have been scammed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've been victim to a scammed by a fake loan company for all of my money off of my debit card

What exactly happened?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They told me to go to Walmart and get iTunes gift cards to get the loan to go through for insurance on the money & I did and he told me the card wasn't any good after I gave him the pin#s, plus the manager at the store said that they were scamming me with the cards but he wouldn't refund my money!¡!!!!!!

Yes - I'm sorry. This is an extremely common scam.

It's really important for you to remember for future reference that Walmart and iTunes gift cards - or any kind of gift cards for that matter - have nothing to do with a loan going through. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you - this is how people get scammed out of their money unfortunately.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I correct that please????

I'm sorry - there's no way to "correct" that. You can contact the FBI and report the scam but that does not get you your money back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks mis olivia

I'm my pleasure. I'm sorry I couldn't give you good news. I would also contact the State Attorney General's Office in your state - in addition to the FBI.

Olivia Kent

Thanks so much for your rating!
And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by going to: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800
or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent