Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Explain what this means in plain language: Motion for

Customer Question
Please explain what this means...
Please explain what this means in plain language:Motion for summary judgement:
"any action, after issue has been joined; provided however, that the court may set a date after which no such motion may be made, such date being no earlier than thirty days after the filing of the note of issue. If no such date is set by the court, such motion shall be made no later than one hundred twenty days after the filing of the note of issue, except with leave of court on good cause shown."
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

The court can set a cutoff date of at least 30 days, but if the court does not set a cutoff date, the cutoff date is automatically 120 days. Hope this clarifies the issue for you.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

120 days from filing a note of issue.....What 'note of issue' are they talking about? What does 'note of issue' mean?