Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My car was impound in the state of MD. for 25 days. a week…

My car was impound...

My car was impound in the state of MD. for 25 days. a week back they sold it to a scrap yard for $2100. the auto is still being finance. Can they do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've contact the finance company

3/23/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

No the car must be impounded for more than 60 days, and they must make reasonable attempts to contact you first, before they can sell it to a scrap yard. You have a valid claim against them for the value of the car, and you will be able to collect if you sue them in small claims court.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer