Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question; I bought a cell phone on a VERIZON store,

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question; I bought a cell phone on a VERIZON store, a Samsung galaxy note 3 and never noticed that they charged me for a Samsung galaxy note 5. It happens in 2016 and looking for a file in my computer I saw the receipt. I call Costumer service and they said that they can not do anything if I don't have an account with them. (I canceled my service with VERIZON) And they said to go to the store where I bought it, so I did and they said that they do not have a record of anything about my phone and service...what can I do about it? thanks in advance..Jose J Ramirez

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I did call Costumer Services, and I went to the store where I bought the cell phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No...just want an advice on what to do in that matter

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/23/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, in order to go after the Verizon Store, you must first find the receipt in question. Otherwise, the Store would have nothing to go by if the Sstore has claimed not to have a record of the sale in its system. Regrettably, you cannot file a Small Claim against the store for the difference in price without the receipt.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.