Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Was my hearing date adjourned? My lawyer said he did ajourn…

Was my hearing date adjourned? My...
Was my hearing date adjourned?
My lawyer said he did ajourn it but I don't trust him 100%.Could someone check please ?
3/22/2018
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. You can go to the clerk of courts website, in the county where the case is filed and look online, by searching your name or calling the clerk, directly. If this was adjourned, it should be reflected and if your attorney filed a motion and asked for it, they should have a copy of that and any order, granting it, which they can email you a copy of.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could you check please ? I am attaching my citation
I am sorry but that is outside the scope of what the site provides and there is no legal representation.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You always refuse to answer questions. Not sure why you take the questions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just makes the process of me getting an answer slower
I did provide you with a clear and consise answer to the question and how to verify if what your attorney is telling you is the truth. I am going to opt out and another professional may be able to assist but as I shared we are here to answer questions not provide legal representation or give legal advice.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

Your first expert was correct. JustAnswer experts cannot make phone calls on behalf of customers, but you can call the number on the ticket (under Office of Administrative Trials, near the middle) yourself and they will tell you whether the case was adjourned.

I will add that it would be malpractice and a serious ethical violation for your lawyer to tell you the case was adjourned if it wasn't. You'd not only be able to report him to the state attorney grievances commission, but you could sue him for any expenses he cost you. Most lawyers wouldn't take that risk by claiming a hearing had been dismissed when it hadn't. But even if he did, you'll have a recourse against him.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer