Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm wondering if it's possible to sue a dental office for…

Customer Question
I'm wondering if it's...

I'm wondering if it's possible to sue a dental office for humiliation, for posting a huge picture of my really messed up teeth in front of my wife, for no other reason than for me to see how bad they are. Right in front of my wife. It was just blaring when we walked in. This is much more extensive than that. They took money out of my insurance just to give me an absolutely ridiculous quote.$130 when I told her I can't afford it, she kept prying and made me feel even more humiliated. There is alot more to it,but I want to get an idea

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is she in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has she taken so far?

Tried to get me to make another appointment with another specialist. Actually she tried to make it. I kept telling her no, then quoted me $17000 for what she fist so proudly said 10 hours of work. When I told her that was $1700 dollars per hour. She went in about how it would take much longer because of wait times ECT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/22/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I'm not sure there is a claim here unless the pic said your name and other patients could see it then you would have a hipaa complaint. You may want to simply file a complaint with the state dental board however for the unprofessional conduct.