Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Our florist signed up with Teleflora and the 1st two

Our florist signed up...

Our florist signed up with Teleflora and the 1st two statements had over $200 in fees that were not disclosed prior to us signing up. I attempted to call my sales rep and he had become seriously ill and other reps were taking his calls. None of them could assist in the matter because they didn’t know the situation. Finally I called Teleflora and told them I was no longer doing business with their company regardless of the contract because the sales reps misrepresentation is the only reason I signed up to begin with. They now say that I owe $1500 and have turned the debt over to Burt and Associates. I have no proof of the misrepresentation because it was in a one on one phone call. It’s my word against theirs. Do I have any legal ground here or should I just pay the debt?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Mississippi and no

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have done absolutely nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Burt and Associates have now called twice. Today the guy was very rude calling me gay and threatening to call all family and friends. Also said I was so stupid that he can’t believe I even have a business. All crazy talk.

3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I would contest it. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable, I think
Great. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer