Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Re: Orbits data breach of data between Jan.1 - Dec. 22,

Customer Question
Re: Orbits data breach...

Re: Orbits data breach of data between Jan.1 - Dec. 22, 2016 . I booked a trip Within that timeframe. I’m terribly upset knowing that an unknown crook could use my personal info could be used illegally. It would be very costly and time consuming to rectify the ensuing problems caused.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Orbits data was breached.Terribly upsetting.I booked a trip and paid for it in Oct. 2016. Can I sue Orbits for negligence or do I sit back while some crook misuses my good credit and sullies my good name. Can I do anything to mitigate this ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Contacted you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing comes to mind.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Pennsylvania
Pa.
Kids are home (snow) ,impossible to hear you on phone . They ,4 boys, won’t or can shut up !
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone call, please
3:00 pm

(1) ***************

3/22/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

I will wait. How much longer; hours, days ? Could you answer by email ? ******@***.***

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Thank you for your response.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: attyadvisor, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Lawyer

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

First can you tell me if you filed an identity theft complaint as well as filed a police complaint?

No, I hoped an atty. could advise me if was possible to take some action against Orbits.Frankly, I am surprised it’s taking longer to get an answer .
My apologies for any delay in responding to your question. The Attorneys answer questions when they become available to us. Yes you can certainly file a lawsuit. I would also file consumer protection complaints to make sure the consumer protection agencies can investigate the matter