Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I accessed the file that is from an attorney on behalf of a…

Customer Question
I accessed the file that...
I accessed the file that is from an attorney on behalf of a credit card company (that my daughter stopped paying on a year ago.)I can prepare the response, but would it be best for me to respond with a request to produce documents to have them prove this is her debt?She is unable to pay this debt, perhaps she could make payments. Will the judge help make payment arrangement. Or is there a way to explain that she is indigent currently and unable to repay this debt? She doesn't own anything.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/22/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 3 months ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Did you get a debt validation notice within 5 days of when they first contacted you? See

https://www.fair-debt-collection.com/debt-collector-help/fair-debt-collection-practices-act/validating-debts.html#1