Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I sold a vehicle and didnt fill out the title just signed it…

I sold a vehicle...

I sold a vehicle and didnt fill out the title just signed it and didn't complete a bill of sale. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sold the vehicle on march 8th. I've checked DMV the vehicle is still in my name

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn't complete the title because of the situation. The purchaser pressured me into accepting the price because I was in an uncomfortable position at the time.
I was done negotiations with the purchaser. I went in my home and proceeded to take a shower, right before I got in, my kids said he needed to talk to me. So I answered the door in my towel. Cracked the door. And he was persistent. I was pressured into selling it for a price I wasn't comfortable with. I quickly signed the title and counted the money.
3/21/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

You should report this to the DMV so that you are not held liable for any responsiblilty with the car. Even if you do not know the name of the buyer, you should report that you sold it for cash and have no responsbility for the car. Then you are off the hook if something should happen, like the buyer gets into an accident. Also, the buyer may have registered it in another state, which is another reason to report his to the Florida DMV.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There's nothing more that needs to be done?
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer