Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We signed up with DISH when we moved. We were told that we…

We signed up with...

We signed up with DISH when we moved.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We were told that we would get $100 for subscribing. We have called and called and were told we would get a card to submit. We live in Georgia.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just calling the company that signed us up. We don't know any other steps to take.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were told that the installer should have given us a card to mail in to get the $100. He did not give us a card, so we we have been told 3 times they would send us another one. We were told there was a 60 day window to claim the money and they extended it another 60 days. We have had the service since November, 2017

3/21/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

I would request them to send you the $100 as a bill credit, because at this stage it seems pointless to ask for another card. Just request them to give you a credit on your bill for the $100, then you will not have to fuss with getting the card and sending it in. If they do not comply, you can file a complaint with the Georgia Public Utilities Commission which is the state agency that regulates DISH in Georgia and they will conduct and investigation and order DISH to give you the $100.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer