Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to know how to address a personal frozen bank…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know how to address a personal frozen bank account.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
A few Months ago I began making fair sized deposits into my bank account. I do have several loans with this bank and have been a member there for 7 years. I have had a few late payments but nothing serious over that time and have paid off several auto loans with them. My deposits have been in the 10k to 45k dollar range, i then wire the money out of the account to a crypto exchange and trade crypto, take the money back out in south korea after its transffered and then start the process over again. Before this started I went to both branch managers of my banks here and ask specifically if these accounts could be frozen and I was told they wouldnt be by the bank but possibly the IRS! So on monday i deposited 42k into the account and emailed them to start the process to wire just like normal, and i was met with a very rude agent saying my accounts had been frozen, they couldnt tell me why or speak to security regarding the matter. After 2 hours of getting the run around I finally spoke to a security person, she said she would coordinate and get the account looked at being my membership for so long there and no previous issues of this nature. Long story short is today im getting told today that it could take up to 2 weeks and I cant even see my accounts online, they have mailed me a letter regarding the process and that the account is under investigation but they cant tell me who my investigator is...... Id also like to note I cant pay for my loans this month because the accounts locked and i think i may have missed last months but i cant check because the account is locked!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

You have to go direct to the bank security and fraud department and convince them that the transactions were legitimate and authorized by you, and that you take responsbility. In that case, they have to remove the freeze immediately, unless they have a government order freezing the account.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.