Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I canceled my credit car a couple of days ago and am waiting…

Customer Question
I canceled my credit car...
I canceled my credit car a couple of days ago and am waiting for the new one in the mail. The scammer had access to my credit card numbers. I can' find the old one
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/20/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

As long as the old card is cancelled and the credit card company is on notice that the charges were fraudulent, you will not be held responsible for fraudulent charges. It may take a couple months for the credit card company to clear your account, but until they do, you won't have to make minimum payments based on the fraudulent charges and they won't charge you interest.

You should recieve the new card in less than ten days. If you need it sooner, you can request them to send one via overnight courier, sometimes they ask a small fee $10 or so to ship it fast, but if you say it was fraud, they usually don't charge for the replacement shipping fast.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.