Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ill fitting dentures. Ny. Have given them eleven attemps to…

Customer Question
Ill fitting dentures Lawyer's...

Ill fitting dentures

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Have given them eleven attemps to recife probem

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they have refused to go any furthur

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/20/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

In January 2013 I went to aspen dental for a full set of dentures. I had to pay $2600.00 before they would start construction of them. They advertise 100% refund if not satisfied. I returned for 9 weeks due to sore spots. I got so disgusted I went back to my old dentures. In March of 2018 my old plate cracked and I was forced to go back to Aspen. Was told I could not get my money back, they would fix the problem. After 7 more weeks of visits I still have sore spots. When I went yesterday I was told I could not have another appointment, I would have to start using denture adhesive. I would like to know what recourse I have. I am a 79 year old veteran on a limited income and cannot afford to have another set of dentures made. Please advise what I can do.
In January 2013 I went to Aspen Dental in Saratoga Springs, NY, for a full set of dentures. I had to pay $2600.00 before they would start construction of them, this was paid. They advertise 100% refund if not satisfied. I returned for 9 weeks due to sore spots which didn't clear up. I got so disgusted I went back to my old dentures. In March of 2018 my old plate cracked and I was forced to go back to Aspen. I was told I could not get my money back, that they would fix the problem. After 7 more weeks of visits I still have sore spots. When I went yesterday I was told I could not have another appointment, I would have to start using denture adhesive. I would like to know what recourse I have. I am a 79 year old veteran on a limited income and cannot afford to have another set of dentures made. Please advise what I can do.

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Pursuant to their advertisement, you are entitled to the full refund of the money that you paid for the construction since you are not 100% satisfied. Since the dental office has refused to refund your money and has stopped you from having further appointments to fix the issue, you have no choice but to report the dental office to your Attorney General's Office and to the Better Business Bureau for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. The Attorney General's Office may assist you in getting the money back. Otherwise, you have to file Small Claim at your local Courthouse. Click here for Small Claims forms and instructions.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

As