Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A special education nonverbal student hit me twice and

A special education nonverbal...

A special education nonverbal student hit me twice and another student. I asked the student to stop hitting me. She then hit me again harder. I then tapped her on the arm and asked her to stop. She then hit me again. Again I told her to stop hitting me. I tapped her again. She then spit at me. At that point a teacher hit the table and told her to stop. The other teacher said I was aggressive hitting her and said how does that feel. I did not say that. I repeatedly asked her to stop hitting me because she was hurting me and bruised me. The other teacher has had brain surgery and had six compression on her brain. What are my chances of loosing my teaching license?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in GA and she hit me a total of 5 times. I have been teaching for 20 years. The student was suppose to be isolated from the other students. She has been aggressive with the other students. She now is been isolated from the other students in child care. She weights is about 130 pds. and about 5.3. I am being represented by GAE. Should I hire another lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I met with the GAE lawyer and we are waiting for the report from the school board. The principal did say I was a good teacher and it was a very misfortune incident. I also resigned from the school so I would not be fired. They told me that they would let me self-report it. Do you think I am going to loose my teaching certificate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thanks

Their was another lady in the room and also said I hit the student aggressively.
So. their was two ladies in the room that said the same thing.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Michael Bradley

the GAE lawyers are usually pretty good and know their type of law well

You can always hire a separate attorney but it may very well be a wasted expense

from what you have told me, it does seem to be an unfortunate incident that should not affect your certificate

you don't think my certificate will be revoked by PSC? Any laws that will help me?
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Your certificate will not be revoked, and the school district is required to defend you as well, so that you are at no risk in this situation. You should be protected and not subjected to such abuse.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer